Get my DVD How To Win An Argument Without Losing a Soul - http://shop.catholic.com/how-to-win-an-argument-without-losing-a-soul.html
Use promo code "PINTS" to get 30% off (code valid till the end of 2016).
Today we discuss 7 common logical fallacies:
1. Self-referential incoherence: A position that when applied to itself refutes itself.
2. Straw man: Refuting a weaker version of your opponents position)
3. Ad hominem (Against the man): Attacking the person making the argument instead of the argument.
4. Tu quoque ("You too"): Accusing your opponent of committing the same thing he is accusing you of.
5. Genetic fallacy: Refuting an argument because of how it originated.
6. Ad baculum (Appeal to force): Appealing to force instead of reason.
7. Ad ignominiam (Appeal to shame): Appealing to shame instead of reason.
Get the boook here - https://www.amazon.com/Pints-Aquinas-Thoughts-Angelic-Doctor/dp/0692752404