Today on Pints with Aquinas, I'm joined by Fr. James Brent, O.P. Fr. James is professor of philosophy at the Dominican House of Studies, and one of the most brilliant, articulate, and convincing people I’ve ever met.
During this conversation, we dig into the philosophical soil in which atheism grows — particularly the materialist, mechanicist, nominalist, skeptic, and relativist worldviews so prevalent in our culture. We’ll tackle the BIG issues, like:
• Why saying there is a God or there is no God represent two radically different worldviews
• How atheism is, historically, a minority position, and what’s happened to change this minority position in modern times
• Why true science is actually neutral about the question of God’s existence
• Why it feels like you’re rejecting science when you reject materialism (HINT: You’re not!)
• The five negative positions that constitute “big tent” Platonism, and why this list is invaluable in discussions with atheists...
If you enjoy BIG conversations, then grab your notepad and pen because you’re really going to enjoy this episode!
Learn more about the Thomistic Institute here: https://aquinas101.thomisticinstitute.org/
Covenant Eyes: https://www.covenanteyes.com/ (use promo code: mattfradd)
This show (and all the plans we have in store) wouldn't be possible without you. I can't thank those of you who support me enough. Seriously!
Thanks for essentially being a co-producer coproducer of the show.
Website: https://pintswithaquinas.com/ Merch: https://teespring.com/stores/matt-fradd
FREE 21 Day Detox From Porn Course: https://www.strive21.com/
The Porn Myth: https://www.ignatius.com/The-Porn-Myth-P1985.aspx
Book me to speak: https://www.mattfradd.com/speakerrequestform